General & Practical Info
Access to Split
The International Split Airport is at 25 kilometres from the Split centre. Croatia Airlines provides a bus directly from the airport exit station to the main bus station in Split. Taxi is also available, as well as a local bus line Trogir-Split.
For further information, please look at the website from the Tourist Office (http://www.visitsplit.com/en/1/welcome-to-split)
Thursday 16th to Saturday 18th March 2017
Registration opens on Wednesday afternoon, 15th March 2017
MEDILS – Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences
Mestrovicevo Setaliste 45
Republic of Croatia
MedILS is located in Croatia, geographically, climatically and culturally a quite exceptional region of the Mediterranean. The natural beauty and the existing buildings at MedILS provide a large campus unlike any other. The Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences is situated in a wonderful, yet hidden location, but is easily accessible by bus or car.
Credit Cards and Currency
All major credit cards (VISA, American Express, Diners and MasterCard) are accepted in most shops, hotels and restaurants in Split. The Kuna (HRK) is the official currency of Croatia.
Electricity supply is 220 volts throughout Croatia with « European » 2-pin type wall sockets. For any European or other countries that utilise 240 volts e.g. UK and Ireland most electrical equipment will function adequately. If you intend to use the European electrical plugs then you will need an electricity plug adapter. In the US where the electricity supply is 110 volts a transformer is required to step up the voltage to 220 volts.
There are a limited number of EORTC-PAMM grants available.
Guidelines in order to be eligible for such a grant:
• Graduate students and post-docs having received their Ph.D. within less than 2 years
• They should be working in the laboratory of a senior PAMM member of good standing
• They need to submit an abstract.
The scholarship application should include
• Recommendation letter from the supervisor
• Budget: the scholarship budget should include the cheapest transport possibility (flight, train), registration, and accommodation (University Housing at MedILS).
The application should be sent before the deadline 1st December 2016 to:
– Annette Larsen (firstname.lastname@example.org), PAMM treasurer who will carefully check the budget, and
– Luciana Berrebi (email@example.com), EORTC-PAMM Meeting Organizer
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
• Merits of originality and interest of the subject, meaningful interpretation
• Form: attractiveness and clarity of presentation
The number of grants depends on the conference budget and will be decided by the committee.
Notification will be sent to the applicants by the 2nd of January 2017.
We strongly recommend that you obtain adequate travel and health insurance prior to beginning your travels to Croatia.
Passport and Visa Information
An identity card is sufficient for participants from EU-member countries. All other participants need a passport valid for a determinate period (depending of the country they are coming from) to enter Croatia. Visas may be also required for participants from some countries. Please check the Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website (http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/) for visa requirements for Croatia.
The letter of invitation for visa application will only be delivered after payment of the registration fee.
Transport from downtown to MedILS
Bus number 12 – approximately 1,50 euro/ticket
Taxi (5’ ride) – approximately 7 euro/ride
By foot – 30-35’ walking along the sea
• MedILS : www.medils.org
• Split Tourist Office : http://www.visitsplit.com/en/1/welcome-to-split
• Split Airport : http://www.split-airport.hr/index.php?lang=en
• Foreign Affairs Office: http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/
Free Wi-Fi connexion is available in the Conference Center.